December 1, 2009
The Guarneri String Quartet retired, yet Arnold Steinhardt continues to perform in public.
Photo by Dorothea von Haeften.
Violinist in Recently Retired String Quartet Looking for Work *
- Proficient in chamber music. Works best with people willing to overlook occasional lapses in intonation, phrasing, and tone.
- Performs virtuoso solo works, but no higher than 3rd position or faster than 120 to the quarter note.
- Available for birthday parties (happy birthday song a specialty), Bar Mitzvahs, and funerals, but not weddings (past wedding engagements ended in divorce).
- Accepting limited number of advanced violin students. Audition requirements: Bach solo sonata or partita, Paganini caprice, theme from Star Wars.
- Does readings and signings of his latest book: Fourplay Goodbye, A Twelve Step Program for Recovering String Quartet Musicians.
- High two-figure performance fee includes instrument, bow, music, music stand, mute, tuning fork, and rosin.
- 10% “interpretation surcharge” for artistic performance due to considerable effort involved.
For further information call 1-800-FIDDL4U.
* Fully licensed and insured
Sign up to receive new stories straight to your inbox!